Crafts and Projects

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Going Away Gift

My brother-in-law and his girlfriend moved this past weekend. They went to New Mexico to live near her mother. They were living in Cincinnati, but they flew out of Lexington's airport, which is about 30 minutes from us. We drove to Lexington to meet them and grab a bite to eat.

Earlier in the week, I decided to make up a goodbye basket for them. I spent $5 total on the basket, so it's not a big expensive. First I went to the Dollar Tree. I got an address book in which I wrote the addresses of my husband's parents, grandparents, and siblings for Jimmy and Jessica to have so that they can keep in touch. Then it was off to Wal-Mart. I bought a packet of note cards so that they can will have no excuse for not writing us! Then I made a copy of a cute picture of my son and put it in a refrigerator frame for them. I also got some Pringles and sugar wafers.

The basket had the essentials of any gift basket: immediate use items (the snacks), sentimental items (the picture), and practical items (the address book and note cards). I put everything in a bag that I already had at home so that it would be easy for them to transport it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home