Crafts and Projects

Monday, March 20, 2006

Easy Flower Centerpiece

My in-laws came by last weekend for a casual Sunday. We were serving bacon burgers (will be added to the food area soon), which were delicious, so we decided to go for a casual centerpiece as well.

I'm not that crafty, which I regret, so I have to go for simple - and cheap! - decorations. I got a good picture of this one that I'll post as soon as I can find out how to post them through this site.

You will need a Mason jar that's washed and dried. You need only the jar, not the lids. The jar was free for use since I got it from my grandmother last year with some canned green beans in it. It's been sitting in my pantry waiting for my experiment with canning this year.

Then you should get some colored river rocks. I found mine at the Dollar Tree for $1 (of course), and it was far more than what I needed. Check places like Wal-Mart, too, or craft stores, though they probably cost a little more there.

Then I put 2-3 inches of the river rocks in the bottom of the jar and filled most of the rest of the jar with water. Then I put in a small bouquet of wildflowers from Wal-Mart ($4).

I made two table decoration jars with 1 bouquet. So grand total I spent $5 on this set of table decoration, and it turned out really well. Stay tuned for the pics so you can see for yourself.

As promised, here are the pictures of the centerpiece. I've included a closeup of a single decoration and then both of them together.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home