Crafts and Projects

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Bohemian Earrings



Okay, I can hardly call myself Bohemian anymore. That used to be my identity. I had this awesome bag I got at Goodwill from the 70s. I wore flowers in my hair and hippie clothes. I believed in peace and just causes.

Then life caught up with me.

I'm determined to get back to my Bohemian ways because I think I was more spiritually secure and in touch with myself and the planet.

In that spirit, I went out today and bought the supplies to make earrings. I've never made earrings before, so I thought, "why not?" I made them tonight while Brian and I were having our one adult conversation of the day.

I bought what are called Fish Hook Earwires. (Don't laugh, crafters. I'm learning here.) They're basically the ones that have the long stems you put in your ears, and they curve out the front. I bought some really neat aqua beads. I put a round white bead, a long translucent aqua, a circular blue, and a square blue. I'll post pics of these, too.

I used Tigertail to string the beads and am keeping them on with crimp beads.

Making the earrings was really simple. I was impressed with myself, though. I thought they turned out great, and I have an aqua shirt that will look good with them. Now I just have to learn how to make a matching necklace and bracelet.


Here's the picture of the earrings. It's not the best picture. The beads actually are a beautiful aqua color, but you get the idea. I wore them out Saturday, and they seemed great then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home